SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chaimama

Main sink across island from cooktop- too far away???

chaimama
15 years ago

We have a long narrow kitchen, 15x23. My kd wants to put the sink in the island across from the cooktop, see attached. With the addition of the pantry, refrig and ovens on the same wall as the cooktop, I feel as though we will all be working in one area. I also feel like the other side of the kitchen would not get used at all. Would I really do prep work over there so far from the cooktop?My husband likes his space when he cooks. I just feel like we will be all over eachother (not in a good way) in the kitchen. Certainly can't empty the dishwasher why someone is cooking. I would like to move both the main sink and the dishawasher across the island under the window. I could then put my prep sink in the island. Is this just too far to walk? It is not a true triangle but more of separate work zones.All of my dishes will be in lower drawers by sink. I would then add one cabinet like upper to the far left for glasses. I could even put a dishwasher drawer in the island by the cooktop if this was necessary? Thoughts?

Comments (9)