SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

Are your main sink and prep sinks close or far and why??

redroze
16 years ago

For those of you with a main sink and prep sink, how close are your sinks to each other? Why did you place them where you did in relation to each other? Are there any rules? I'm struggling on whether to put the prep sink on the island close to the main sink, or on the opposite end of the island which is quite far from the main sink. I don't want to put it in the center because I like the idea of having a long continuous run of granite in the island to show off the natural beauty of the stone.

Someone pointed out in my other post that the dishwasher falls on the opposite side of the prep sink so it may cause a traffic jam. Then I think, would anyone be using the prep sink when the other person is loading the dishwasher? Am I overthinking it and just put it where I want it and don't use the prep sink at the same time?

I originally thought that having the sinks somewhat close made sense in terms of a "cleaning" zone, then I thought that maybe having them far from each other makes more sense.

Here's a link that may be helpful:

Post on my Kitchen Layout

Comments (9)