SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_661150272

Part of the nut rotted and came off, help!

HU-661150272
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi, I have a 9month old avocado tree I grew from a nut. I have it in cactus soil and a few months back had to put a layer of stones to protect it from my cat. Unfortunately later I over watered it and lost a couple leaves to curling- guessing the stones trapped in moisture. I let the soil dry out and it did fine for about 2 months, but the leaf curl came back. I dug out some of the nut and the smaller piece completely rotted out and came off the plant. There was some mold on a main root so I sprayed it with copper fungicide and added water to get it deeper in the roots. Some of the leftover nut is rotten but overall it looks healthier. I’m wondering if it can survive with just over half the nut and if I should do any more to save it or give it some time to recover? I’ve poked my finger in the soil all over and don’t smell any mildew anywhere else so I don’t think it spread. I’m just worried I might shock it if I do any more and I can’t find any info on what removing part of the nut does to the plant.

Comment

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County