SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emm0119

Any slide-in ranges with optional short backsplash accessory?

emm0119
3 years ago

Per the title, what options would I have if I wanted a slide-in look for a range, but with a short backsplash on it, ideally one that could be removed if we eventually redo our counters? I’ve seen old part listings from a few years ago for GE backguards, but not much is coming up right now. Are they just not a thing?

Background: We need to replace our range (functional issues not worth repairing), but we are working with a 2002 builders-basic kitchen: 30” cutout, no external vent, over the range microwave we will replace, and, the kicker, laminate counters with a rounded no-drip edge and integrated 4” backsplash. The top edge of the backsplash also has a rounded profile. We don’t have immediate plans for a kitchen renovation, nor is it something we can undertake this year for other life reasons.

I’m currently considering a GE profile dual fuel convection range with backsplash (P2B940SEJSS), but there are so many more options I would consider IF a slide-in style wouldn’t look absolutely ridiculous with our countertops. My husband already said he doesn’t like the look of a tall range to hood SS backsplash as a filler, which I’ve seen suggested on here.,

I know I’d have to be careful to choose one of the freestanding “slide-in” models without a counter overlap, given the no-drip edge.

Any ideas? Or suck it up and get the “classic“ backsplash range?

Comments (14)