SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krissy66

12X14 Living Room Furniture Help

krissy66
3 years ago

I've spent the last day searching pictures, topics and discussions about big furniture in a small space, but I think I just need to hear someone say "Yes, that'll work!" or "Don't do this! It's going to be horrible!"

Here are the basics: We have a 12x14 living room that is the only gathering area in our cabin. I want a couch that can fit my three kids, and maybe one parent. The couch should also be able to double as a sleeping option, but I don't want a sleeper because a) pull out sleepers are expensive and uncomfortable and b) one must rearrange the living room when the sleeper gets pulled out. So I've decided on the Crate and Barrell Lounge II, (not the petite, but the full size). The couch in the floorplan is the correct Lounge II measurement (93' x 46"). The ceilings are vaulted above this room, if that makes a difference. We are going for "cozy" since this is a cabin.

So my question is, do you think this will work or will it seem like it took a shoehorn to squeeze all this furniture in? Any help would be great!

(the photo of the space from above for reference, the green furniture piece is no longer there, none of this furniture will stay).

Comments (6)