SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather_hm

What cabinet color for the kitchen?

Heather HM
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I live in the mountains and have a huge pine ceiling and pine trim everywhere. We were holding off on a kitchen renovation partially because i can’t make up my mind about cabinets- and then yesterday i opened one and it cracked down the middle 🤦‍♀️ So we are doing it sooner rather than later. The kitchen is part of a big great room that is painted “accessible beige.” I would likely have to paint the kitchen that color too and maybe paint the trim or tear it off at the kitchen windows. I want white backsplash and white granite counters (with less veining). I would like to change the floors to a lighter color. I worry about doing white in the mountains- it just feels unnatural. I think open cabinets (with glass) will help. my husband dislikes dark cabinets but i could possibly convince him (although to be honest i don’t love them either). I worry that two toned cabinets will not be in style in ten years and i want a “timeless” renovation (as we all do!) what would you do? Light or medium wood with painted island (blue back or green?) I would love to do a more minimalist island but it holds the oven so i don’t think it’s possible. Or all painted cabinets? I love white and black because I’m from the east coast but i don’t know that it fits here. Thanks for any input you have! I hate the ceilings for design purposes but they actually are beautiful in person.

Comments (21)