SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracy_hill31

Brass hinges and doorknobs

Tracy Hill
3 years ago

We will be selling our home in 6 months. It's a Cape Cod house in the high desert of Arizona (cute adorable and unique.) We've spent $85k over 5 years in remodeling the driveways, exterior paint, front porch, backyard, windows, kitchen, and structurally remodeled the ceiling upstairs and created a 3rd bath and master en suite. It's a totally different, beautiful, more traditional home.
I've always hated the brass doorknobs (cheap 1995 kind) and hinge plates but never changed them. Nothing else is brass. Perhaps I'm hyper focused on them, but should they be replaced? The rest of the house is a mix of oil rubbed bronze and brushed nickel, paired together in some places (in high end light fixtures, and our furniture and decor- while not staying obviously does "show" the house).
With all the blood, sweat and tears expended, is this a silly thing not to fix or a no big deal.
To me they look like an eyesore but someone else might not notice?
If it matters, the house is worth about $550k which is bit above comps in our coveted neighborhood, and that's without the MLS system seeing the new inside.

Comments (16)