SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
galadap

NXR range 36" (negative review) What to replace it with?

galadap
3 years ago

--Igniters issue, oven heat inconsistent--

We moved into a new house 2 years ago, and it had a new NXR 36". Pretty! We are home chefs and cook daily. Since about 2 weeks after using, the igniters started sparking after turning the burners down, and even continuing to spark when turning the burners off. ( The way the NXR igniters spark, all igniters are linked, so if 1 sparks, all do). The only way to stop it is to turn it off at the breaker.

Calling the company, I had to spend hours over many weeks to convince someone that this was even an issue. (even though there are Youtubes dedicated to the issue and our repair person, who I have gotten to know, confirmed it is a common problem). Also, on Thanksgiving we learned that the oven temp is 50+ degrees off. It was still under warranty, so they sent out some new burner bases. A repair person came out to assess and agreed, and replace the burner bases and check the electric. They also replaced the oven thermostat. That worked for 6 weeks and then the same problem with he igniters.

Another assessment, and then NXR decided it was time to replace the igniters. It took months to get them delivered then our lovely repair person came out and replaced them. NXR had only sent 5 new igniters, for a 6 burner stove. Anyway, replaced, and worked for about 2 months. Then the same issue, and NXR was reticent to assist. Got to a VP in California and they sent a few other things.

They are sending ANOTHER set of burner bases, saying that that will fix it. This is the 3rd set and I don't anticipate it will do what they say.

Looking into alternatives. The repair person said he would personally buy a Blue Star. I like convection, like high burners, and also would like a proofing drawer.

Any recommendations? 36" under 5K would be ideal.

Comment (1)