SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_966199359

Help With Furniture Placement?

Tallie Danae
3 years ago

Me and my boyfriend are moving into our new home within the next few weeks, and we are unsure of where our furniture should be placed. We are planning to get/place in the combined space: A couch, accent chair, coffee table (long rectangular or round), small decorative wooden chair (to place our handmade quilt on), a medium sized TV and a console stand, a small square dining table and two chairs, and an area rug. The kitchen also includes a moveable island on wheels that we will place parallel to the oven a few feet away.

I am really unsure of how to utilize the space, as I believe the tv and stand should go centered on the biggest wall (the wall across from the front door) with the couch in front of it with the accent chair on the left side, but my boyfriend says the tv should go on the wall across from the dining room that the front door opens towards. But what would I do about the big empty wall towards the hallway? Would the door opening to the tv be problematic? I thought about using that smaller wall instead for an entryway, because the wall with the window is too small for one...I also don't know where or what kind of table to place in the dining area because the space is really small and the window isn't centered neither is the light for the kitchen.

Any suggestions on the placement of our furniture is much appreciated. I am not good at visualizing layouts without seeing them. Any suggestions for furniture pieces, alternative placements, or decor ideas (midcentury modern) would be very much appreciated. We are wanting a retro feel with light woods and white too. Also, any tips on how to lighten up the space because the walls are the wrong color (too dark) would be much appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and let me know if I can provide any further info.

Comments (5)