SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megan_kimmel98

Exterior advice for 80s contemporary

Megan K
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Looking for advice for our home, which is currently confused on style and I want to change everything... except the brick which I’ve promised my husband can stay as-is. (I‘d paint it but I will survive.) Looking to bring it back to more of a modern design, keeping colors natural and likely something in a grey tone with either darker accents or white even. Love the look of cedar accents but don’t know how to tie those in. Basically what I’m saying is: get rid of the traditional door, brown paint, and bring this 80s house into modern 2021.

First priority is new windows. I’ve wavered between black or white but think I will likely get white because I fear the black window trend will wane and I will then hate them. The plantation shutters inside can go too. They’re old and don’t work well.

Then, new front door, getting rid of T111 for Hardie board (maybe board and batten) below windows, and painting everything.

Finally, the last thing will be a new roof and I’m leaning toward a dark metal one but can be persuaded otherwise.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH