Ring found in music auction shipment

Lucille

I received some music items won in an online auction. Along with them was a ladies ring. While it does not appear to be very valuable I have notified the seller, I would hate to think that whoever packed my items accidentally lost it.

Have you ever found something like that, something you didn't order that came with an order?

SaveComment17Like3
Comments (17)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chisue

Other than cockroaches in a rental car on Maui, I have to say no. haha

4 Likes Save    
bpath

The opposite. Someone in California received a package from her daughter here in Illinois, boxed and sent by our local pack-n-ship. In among the packing peanuts was my keys.

I had dropped off a paper sack of peanuts for them to re-use, and I guess I had my keys in the same hand and they fell in. By the time I realized what must have happened, the peanuts were already in the big hopper and, the manager said, likely in one of those 3 dozen boxes they’d already packed in the meantime and had joined the dozens more already on the departure dock (It was the holidays).

The Californian and her daughter really had to sleuth out what had happened, called the pack-n-ship, and they called me.

9 Likes Save    
eld6161

Recently I got a set of dishes for a baby. As it was inexpensive, I didn’t bother contacting Walmart. I’ll pass it along eventually.

I also received an extra hand soap in a holiday fragrance that I didn’t order from The Body Shop. I assume it was a give away. Again, didn’t bother contacting them as I certainly wasn’t going to go through the expense or bother to return an inexpensive item.

Your case is different. I can see a ring slipping off accident while packing items. It might very well have sentimental value.

1 Like Save    
bpath

The first time the pharmacy mailed our cat’s medication, they included a little cat toy and a laser pointer. But that was intentional and enjoyed to this day.

6 Likes Save    
nickel_kg

No, but it's good of you to reach out to the seller. I would too.

2 Likes Save    
nicole___

Not "like that"....but not expected. Years ago, I ordered a kitchen sink from a warehouse on Ebay. In a separate box, as big as the sink, they sent me a king size electric blanket, dual controls, plush. It was out of it's factory package. I sold it on Nextdoor for $50.

1 Like Save    
Michele

My husband just received an extra item. He emailed He’s unsure if it was intentional or not.

1 Like Save    
joann_fl

no such luck

Save    
Ded tired

One time I bought something at a men’s store. When I got home I found they had put a stapler in the bag as well! I still have it. Probably should have returned it.

Lately I ordered an address book and for some reason I received two.

Another time I found a pen in a gift bag along with the gift. It was from my niece.I’m sure she was using it to write names on tags. Bet she was looking all over for it.

Lucille, it was good of you to try to find the owner of an item that may be sentimental.

4 Likes Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

We had that happen just last week at our Farmers Market curbside pickup. One of our customers, who also happens to be a volunteer, found a ring in the brown bag of her purchases. She returned it in a nice ring box to our manager. She found out it belonged to one of the high school girls who volunteer at the market. Sweet. She was thrilled to get it back.

3 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

I found what was obviously a platinum, diamond earring at my work, in the parking garage. And it must've been because they called me the moment the sign went up to "call me if you lost an earring". I was happy they got it back.

6 Likes Save    
Lucille

The seller checked around and no one had reported a ring lost. The seller did not request that I send it back, either, and I would have done so if requested. I'll just put it in my jewelry box, and give it to my granddaughter when I see her.

4 Likes Save    
amylou321

I once received some pink paring knives in an ebay shipment of some other pink kitchen items. I asked the seller about it and she said it was intentional. They were cleaning out some deceased aunts home who was also a pink hoarder like me apparently. All the items were brand new in the packaging and she said that they decided rather than trying to sell all the items separately, when someone bought something bigger (i think i bought some pink skillets or a casserole dish or something) they were just gonna throw in the little things with it to get rid of them. Yay for me. The aunt may rest in peace knowing that her paring knives found a pink loving home with me......

6 Likes Save    
socks
  • Once in an airport, when I looked in my carry-on luggage for something, I found someone else’s passport! We were traveling, and in the security process, a lady put her passport in my bag. I’m not sure why she did not take my bag, but as we waited for our flight, I wondered why she was talking to airport police. We took the next leg of our travel, and while sitting in that airport was when I discovered the passport. Of course we turned it in to security right away. Assume she got it back somehow. Believe me, it’s very surprising to look in your own carry-on bag and find somebody else’s property.
Save    
Alisande

Not exactly, but before Christmas I received an Amazonian.

LOL I wanted to write that I received an Amazon package that I hadn't ordered, but predictive text gave me the above. It made me laugh, and maybe you'll laugh too.

I was sure it had been sent to me as a gift, so I opened it on Christmas. It was a hand warmer, and I'm enjoying it. But I still don't know who sent it.

Oh, and I once found $17 in the pocket of a coat I bought.

3 Likes Save    
Rose Pekelnicky

In the summer I ordered a stockpot from IKEA to be shipped to me. It took almost a month to arrive delivered by FedEx. The driver left 3 IKEA boxes on my porch. All were addressed to me. One contained my stockpot, another contained 2 picture frames and the third contained some Lego storage boxes. I live 150 miles from the closest store and if you wanted to email them at that time the only option was to cancel an order. I donated the frames and gave the Lego boxes to my grandson.

1 Like Save    
marilyn_c

Not quite, but I almost mailed a kitten with a waterlily.

I used to trade waterlilies with other enthusiasts. At the time, my whole house wasn't air conditioned, and the bedroom was the coolest room, so as I packed waterlilies, I put them on my bed. The procedure was to wash the waterlily, wrap in damp newspaper, put it in a trash bag, and then slip it into a priority mail box.

I was backing out of the driveway and I heard a kitten crying. I thought the sound came from under the truck. I looked under the hood and even got down and looked under the body. Nothing. So I started again....again heard the kitten again. I finally realized the sound was coming from one of the waterlily boxes I had packed. While the box was laying on the bed, a kitten had crawled into it.

I could only imagine the horror of the person who would receive the waterlily, opening the box to find a dead kitten. I also could imagine the SPCA coming after me. Thankfully I heard the kitten before I put it in the mail.

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Remodeling Guides You Won't Believe What These Homeowners Found in Their Walls
From the banal to the downright bizarre, these uncovered artifacts may get you wondering what may be hidden in your own home
Full Story
Remodeling Guides One Guy Found a $175,000 Comic in His Wall. What Has Your Home Hidden?
Have you found a treasure, large or small, when remodeling your house? We want to see it!
Full Story
Houzz Call Ever Found or Left a Note in the Wall the Way This Couple Did?
The remodeling couple whose note from previous homeowners went viral tell us about their fun find. What’s yours?
Full Story
Van Metre Homes is a homegrown builder with a reputation for blending the enduring traditions, quality and value... Read More
High quality workmanship combined with affordable prices is our motto. Our Company has been serving the greater... Read More