SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

It's Christmas Time At Lowe's

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
14 years ago

Today we were at the Lowe's in Ardmore, and they already have fully decorated Christmas trees on display, and something in the Christmas tree area was playing Christmas music.

Silly me. I was kind of thinking we'd at least make it to October before the unnaturally early arrival of Christmas stuff in the stores.

And, because we must get warm season merchandise out of the way so we can bring in cold season merchandise in September, they did have canning jars and lids on sale, so I picked up a few boxes of each.

Finally, on our way home from Ardmore, we saw several 'snowbirds' headed south in their big RVs, towing cars behind them, with license plates from such chilly areas as Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin. Apparently, the snowbird migration has begun in earnest.

Personally, I am hoping to enjoy autumn, which just arrived this past week, for a while before I even start thinking about winter and Christmas.

The retail stores are messing with the seasons and I don't like it! I bet Mother Nature is not amused either.

Dawn

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022