SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_500825108

Is it Ebb Tide or not???

bart bart
3 years ago

In spite of the fact that I had resolved to not buy any more roses, I wound up getting 5 from Rose Barni. Worse yet, when we went to the garden center to buy our Christmas tree at the end of November, I saw a fine-looking plant labeled as Purple Eden (Ebb Tide, that is). My own potted Ebb Tide is pretty small and wimpy-looking, so I bought this plant. Recently I re-potted it, and was delighted by the extremely vigorous root system,and was patting myself on the back,but then doubts assailed me- maybe it was too good to be true; i.e., that my plant is not Ebb Tide at all,but was mis-labeled. It's pretty thorny, and E Tide is not supposed to be thorny, plus the canes are sort of burgundy coloured. My own wimpy E Tide has green, non-thorny canes,however those of the new rose are quite thick and sturdy,whereas those of my certified wimp are all very thin (not one is as thick as a pencil).
The new rose had not one but two official-looking tags -one small yellow one , one large card-sized one with a picture of the rose ,both of which assert that this is E Tide. I even went on-line and found the wholesale company from which this rose comes, and they do indeed offer E Tide. So now there's nothing left to do but wait until spring when the plant breaks dormancy...

Comments (11)