SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse_gw

Layout gurus, please help w/placement of undercounter refrigerator

smalloldhouse_gw
3 years ago

We're adding a few cabinets to our small galley kitchen as part of a larger house reno. Because our cabinet color was discontinued, we're adding an undercounter fridge so that the new cabinets won't be right next to the old ones. (Original dilemma posted here.) It's an expensive way to deal with the problem, but less expensive than changing the rest of the cabinets. Since our kitchen is small, the extra fridge space that is a bit outside the main cooking area will be very useful.

I've ordered the cabinets (company will provide paint to match our existing ones) and now I need to pick the refrigerator itself. The fridge will be placed at the end of a bank of existing cabinets and abut the small peninsula that we're adding. The layout for the new cabinets is below. I think drawers would be most functional, but I'm not sure about the space. If I don't get drawers, should I be looking for a right-hand door opening or left?

Existing kitchen (fridge will be placed where the red etagere is now - windows & floors are all being replaced

)

Comment