SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexaptea

Living Room Decor Help!

alexaptea
3 years ago

Hey y'all! Looking for a little advice on how to pull this room together in a way that looks/feels modern and gorgeous without having to do too crazy of an overhaul all at once.

• COUCH: I hate this couch. It was awesome in our previous very spacious rental apartment but since we bought this condo, this sectional is just WAY too big for our current space. Trying to convince my husband it's time to buy a new, more modern, appropriately sized couch but he wants to wear it out for another 6-12 months until we "really need to just get rid of it"
  • MIXING METALS? I've got several metals going on in here. I know the general rule of thumb is not to mix more than 2 metals in a room and try to keep them within the same family. For example, the brushed silver lamp and the brushed brassy gold hardware on the TV stand/buffet. However our coffee table has a shiny chrome base. I don't think it looks horrible because they're all fairly subtle tones. Am I wrong on this? Anything you'd do different?
  • TV: We are getting our TV mounted on the wall next week. Decor ideas for what to put on the buffet top are greatly appreciated!
  • CORNER SPACE/ BOOKCASE: I'm selling the bookcase that's currently to the right of the TV. Should I put something in its spot once it's gone? I just ordered an artificial 6ft Birds of Paradise plant/tree and I thought that may look nice there. If not, worst case- it would easily be a nice addition to our home office.
  • AREA RUG: I'd be happy to invest in a new area rug. Suggestions on colors, patterns, etc. are WELCOMED.

(Please don't mind that the legs of the long part of the sectional aren't sitting on the rug - I know they're supposed to be. This 4 piece sectional isn't secured together by brackets and the slightest movements make the rug bunch up towards the back)

any and all suggestions/advice/thoughts no matter how big or small, are FULLY welcomed and greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH