SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_687649087

My windows are not deep enough for blinds. What do I do?

HU-687649087
3 years ago

The depth of my windows is only 1.25 inches. I had ordered custom made 2 inch Levolor faux wood blinds, because in the picture they were shown that they come with a valance with side returns, which is supposed to cover the headrail sticking out. However when I received them they just had a valance that covers just the front of the headrail and you could still see the headrail sticking out from the sides. I hated how they looked and how they made the house look so I ended up returning them all.

What do I do now? I looked at 1 inch aluminum/vinyl blinds that are already made, but even on those the headrail was about 1.75 inches so it would still stick out.

I am so disappointed and I don't know what to do. I am open to any ideas and any type of blinds or shades or even only curtains.

The dimensions of the windows for inside mount are 35 inches wide by 58 inches height. The outside dimensions are 41.5x65.5. I also don't think that I had chosen a good color so if you have suggestions on that please let me know.

Comments (4)