Rustic Sauce Recipe Substitution Help Needed
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (26)
Related Discussions
Need Dipping Sauce Recipe
Comments (9)Hope this helps! ;) Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese Dipping Sauce) by Mai Pham Keep a jar of this sauce in the refrigerator; it will last for a month. You can find ground chile paste (my favorite is Rooster brand) and fish sauce at many supermarkets but always at Asian groceries. Yields 1-1/2 cups. 1 clove garlic 2 to 3 Thai bird chiles (or 1 small jalapeño or serrano chile), cored, seeded, and minced; more or less to taste 1/2 tsp. ground chile paste; more or less to taste 2/3 cup hot water 1/4 cup granulated sugar 1/4 cup fish sauce 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice 2 Tbs. shredded carrots (optional) In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic and fresh chiles to a paste. (Or mince them together with a knife.) In a small bowl, combine this garlic and chile mixture with the chile paste, hot water, and sugar. Stir well. Add the fish sauce and lime juice and combine. Float the carrots on top. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before using. From Fine Cooking 27, pp. 58-63, June 1, 1998 Here is a link that might be useful: Nuoc cham...See MoreNeeding a quick answer....about Chili Sauce recipe
Comments (11)Linda C, close your eyes. I guess I broke rule #1 "be sure you have all your ingredients before you start". I didn't have pickling spices, never, ever having made pickles. I have just been to 2 grocery stores plus Dollar General. What they have are pickling spices for specific pickles...dill, kosher dill, bread & butter and pickling lime by either Mrs Wages or Ball. If I had to guess I'd say bread & butter. This whole canning thing says stick to the recipe which I'm trying very hard to do. It's now 6:30, I have smooshed the tomatoes, chopped the onions, which I deposited on top of the tomatoes. Can I just cover the pan, refrigerate and start over tomorrow, when I can go in search of the elusive pickling spices? I hate to be such a pain in the rear, but I obviously need a little pickling advice Again, TIA. jude...See MoreNeed a great Cranberry Sauce recipe
Comments (34)Care for another one? I made this one a few days ago for our Thanksgiving at work. Here's my version. NTT's CRANBERRY RELISH Make this cranberry relish the day before. Refrigerating the mixture over night allows the ingredients to blend in together for a zesty delicious taste. 1 bag (12 oz.) fresh cranberries 5 oz. (1/2 jar of 10 oz.) SmuckerÂs sweet orange marmalade 1/3 cup + 1 tspn. Brown sugar (or to taste) Grated zest of 1 orange Juice of 1 orange ¼ tspn. of ground cinnamon pinch of ground nutmeg 1 can of jellied cranberry, cut down to pieces 1 sweet apple such as Fuji and Red Delicious, peeled and cubed 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans ½ cup of dried cranberries - In a medium sauce pan, combine fresh cranberries, orange marmalad, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest and juice. Cover and cook in medium low heat until cranberry is soften, about 15-20 mins. Turn off heat, uncover and let is cool down. - Stir in the rest of the ingredients and smash the jellied cranberry until it blends into the mixture well. - Transfer to a serving bowl and chill in the refrigerator overnight....See MoreRecipe needed: Bananas, cranberry sauce
Comments (6)I've made this one a few times, and though I like the full fat version with chocolate chips better, this is not a bad healthy alternative! Banana Bread Lite 2 cups flour ½ cup whole wheat flour ¼ cupd ground flax seed 1 cup brown sugar (or brown sugar splenda) 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp cinnamon ½ tsp salt 3 egg whites 2 tbsp butter 1 cup plain yogurt (lo fat preferred) 1 tsp vailla ½ cup walnuts Mash bananas and mix in all other wet ingredients. Mix dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients. Add chopped nuts. Put in PAM sprayed 9 x 5 loaf pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hr 20 min....See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years agoAnnegriet thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10
- 5 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDES10 Recipes for Shabby Chic Style
Rustic furniture, floral fabrics, sparkling chandeliers. Here are 10 easy ways to bring the romantic cottage look into your home
Full Story
WORKING WITH AN ARCHITECTWho Needs 3D Design? 5 Reasons You Do
Whether you're remodeling or building new, 3D renderings can help you save money and get exactly what you want on your home project
Full Story
KITCHEN STYLESYour Guide to a Rustic-Style Kitchen
These cozy spaces feature rough-hewn wood, textured stone, earthy colors and apron-front sinks
Full Story
ENTRYWAYSDesign Recipes for a Fun and Functional Entry
These rooms in a variety of styles show how to create a welcoming first impression of your home
Full Story
COLOREvery Room Needs a Little Bit of Black
‘I’ve been 40 years discovering that the queen of all colors was black.’ — Pierre-Auguste Renoir
Full Story
CONTEMPORARY HOMESHouzz Tour: Rustic-Modern Style in the Blue Ridge Mountains
A design-build firm gives a contemporary 1970s home a chic update that’s kid- and dog-friendly
Full Story
SMALL SPACESDownsizing Help: Where to Put Your Overnight Guests
Lack of space needn’t mean lack of visitors, thanks to sleep sofas, trundle beds and imaginative sleeping options
Full Story
HOME TECHTurn 'Obsolete' Tech Into Fun Home Help
Here's how to put your old Mac, Atari or Newton to work around the house
Full Story
FUN HOUZZ14 Things You Need to Start Doing Now for Your Spouse’s Sake
You have no idea how annoying your habits at home can be. We’re here to tell you
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGDecluttering Help: What to Do When Nothing ‘Sparks Joy’
If the Marie Kondo phrase doesn’t help you decide what to keep and what to discard, try asking these 4 questions
Full Story

Lars