Last book read in 2020?
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (24)
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
Related Discussions
December Reading--Last Books Read in 2016
Comments (111)Carolyn, I read a couple some years ago. I must check and see if my library has reprints. I am reading my books slowly at present, there seems to be so many other things to do, like dropping off to sleep! My D gave me a small CD player for Xmas with handy top buttons. Just right for listening to recorded favourite books. I have been accumulating some in case of being confined to bed or having the eye operation for cataracts. I am doing a Scarlett O'Hara on that!...See MoreWhat are we Reading in February 2020?
Comments (89)I don't go to the local library too often now either. The bus which ran there has been cancelled and as it is such dreadful weather, either too hot or too stormy, I don't want the walk. My retirement village has books but they are not usually what I want to read. They are usually Relationship or grim murder mysteries. I am pleasantly surprised to find something I fancy! Regarding the parking charge, I had to drop off a letter to the rental officer at the UK council offices and quickly to avoid the fee. The officer was there and delayed me so my husband had to pay. He came storming in with the ticket and without a word, the officer scooped up some coins from a dish on her desk and handed it over! Probably had a slush fund for irate rate-payers!...See MoreWhat are we reading? July 2020 edition
Comments (119)"I also have access to 2 library systems. ( we moved, and my old library system access still works! don't tell!!!)." That may be perfectly allowable although certainly unlikely to be enforced since most cards do expire after a few years and need to be renewed. Something I've mentioned before is that in many states, residents are granted library card privileges for library systems in other cities and towns of the state they live in. California offers this, parts of NY state do too. In California, unless special accommodations have been made because of current circumstances, it may be more difficult right now because library card applications need to be made in person. (I have 10 and they can be renewed by phone when they periodically expire). Getting new cards is a bit more of a challenge since many libraries are closed. The NY Public Library, which has a very extensive Overdrive collection, allows remote card application and internet borrowing for in-state residents using its app SimplyE. Call your regional libraries to see what can be done, if interested. Another way to get access to different Overdrive collections, as an example, is to exchange library card numbers with friends who live elsewhere. I myself have three such accounts with people I know in different cities in other parts of the US. The advantage of the multiple card approach is that the popularity of books, the number of copies of any one particular title purchased and made available, and indeed which books are chosen to provide vary from library to library. More often than not, when I'm looking for a particular title, it's not unusual to find a 12 week or longer wait at one large library and immediate availability at another. Or, for books of lesser popularity, I may check 4 different libraries to find the book isn't in their Overdrive subscription and then the 5th library I check will have it....See MoreWhat are we reading? August 2020 edition
Comments (188)I just finished The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett, I enjoyed it. I finished All The Way To The Tigers by Mary Morris today, it was a great glimpse into India and a woman's quest to see tigers in their natural habitat after a debilitating accident. A friend recommended Scythe by Neal Shusterman that was ok, I am not really into science fiction. I also listened twice to the audible book Thicker Than Water by Tyler Schultz the whistleblower of the Theranos scandal. It was fabulous. I am now reading Pico Iyer's, The Lady and The Monk. Has anyone here read Pico Iyer? He is an amazing writer, poetic in a realistic relatable way. I am enjoying seeing Kyoto through his descriptions. This has been been my August reading. I also started The Island of The Sea of Women by Lisa See. I put it down halfway through, not for me. Lisa See is one of my favorite authors, but I did not enjoy this book....See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Stories

FEEL-GOOD HOME15 Cozy Book Nooks and What They Want You to Read
Put the beach reads away; these comfy spaces are creating a fall reading list. What books do they suggest to you?
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDWorld of Design: 11 Book Lovers and Where They Like to Read
Bibliophiles across the globe reveal their top books and favorite reading spots, from a 2-story library to an artfully curated book nook
Full Story
DENS AND LIBRARIES20 Book Lover’s Spaces That Will Make You Want to Read
Borrow these ideas from spaces designed around a love of books
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME9 Dream Summer Reading Spots and the Books That Go With Them
Get inspired by these inspiring outdoor spaces to create your own reading spot — and a new reading list
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESNovel Ways With Bedroom Books
Reading and relaxing go hand in hand. See how designers are incorporating mini and all-out libraries in the bedroom
Full Story
LIFESimple Pleasures: Get a Book Club Going
Kick back with friends and a thought-provoking read for an event that’s entertaining and educational all at once
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESDinner and a Good Book: 12 Double-Duty Dining Rooms
Create your own library-inspired reading room by pairing a dining table with bookshelves
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGHow to Let Go of Unwanted Books and Magazines
Buried in reading material? This guide will help you decide what to keep and what to give away, sell or recycle
Full Story
LIVING ROOMSRoom of the Day: Goodbye, Formal Dining; Hello, Books and Toys
A family trades in a wasted space for a comfortable room to read, play and hang out in
Full Story

donnamira