SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_mackerchar

Shower Tile Help!!

Jen MacK
3 years ago

I am in the middle of a master bath renovation with a highly recommend contractor. It’s been a series of one thing after another it seems and he lost his two top guys to COVID mid way. I have some areas in my shower that obviously need to be re-done since the resulting work is not acceptable. He is willing to re-do anything and I have flagged multiple tiles. There is very noticeable differences between the resulting “elevation” if that is a word of the tiles and he said some tiles were bowed. Now I know that is not an reasonable excuse and they should not have tried to use them but I think they pushed ahead since they were already behind schedule with the COVID issue. Is it possible to redo isolated tiles? As you cans see they already started to chip out a tile or do we just have the wall redone from where they seemed to go awry? Also, is the side view of these tiles normal or should I see complete coverage of whatever the heck goes on the back of the tiles and not empty space? I am now second guessing everything and didn’t think I needed to micro manage but now I feel like I better do it if I ever want to confidence in the work and results. Thanks in advance!

Comments (10)