SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_58962921

Looking for a Silverware Chest on Legs.

3 years ago

Do you have one? Used to have one? Like or not?

My MIL died last May and to prevent her cherished silver from being sold at an estate sale I took all the sterling flatware. She entertained large groups and had dessert forks and iced tea spoons for 30. Every other utensil is in sets of 24 and she had every serving piece imaginable, including pasta tongs. DH is surprisingly happy we have this stuff and I’ve tried to use it often as it reminds him of his mother. But with my own silver and a set of pewter flatware already taking up real estate in the bar and sideboard I need a dedicated chest in the dining room to keep it all in one place. I’ve been checking eBay, Etsy and Stenella for vintage and antique pieces but haven’t been wowed by anything yet. I was wondering if anyone uses one of these and if it is worth giving a corner of our dining room to. would also appreciate any other online resources for these small pieces of furniture. I’m up for anything from inlaid mother of pearl to lacquer to plain old mahogany and everything in between. I don’t want anything with Queen Anne legs that looks like it was made in China last week, iykwim. Thanks in advance :)

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County