SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
staciok

Need Help Mixing Metals for Light Fixtures

staciok
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi,

I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel. My cabinet hardware is black. My pot filler and faucet were supposed to be matte black as well. However, when they went to install the pot filler, I realized that it was too big for the tile design (picture window) under the vent hood. The pot filler extended beyond the design, and I knew that would drive me crazy. I couldn't find a black pot filler that was smaller or in a different shape that wouldn't extend beyond the design. So, I had to go with a stainless steal pot filler, which also meant that I had to switch out my sink faucet from black to stainless because I'm guessing they should match. My faucet is touchless. So, that limited my options on the faucet. This pot filler change has completely thrown off my plans for the light fixtures. Now I feel like I have to go with stainless or nickel light fixture above the sink instead of a matte black fixture. And now I'm struggling what finish I should go with on the light fixture over the kitchen table and the curtain rod over the sliding glass doors. Should the fixture over the kitchen sink match the faucet finish? Would it be better if I found a fixture with a nickel/stainless AND black finish? Should I do a different finish for the table than the sink light

My initial thought is that i want to go with stainless or nickel for the curtain rod, because my door handles throughout the house including the pantry door in the kitchen are nickel or stainless (not sure which one but it's consistent throughout the house. They were here when we moved in.)

Also, my window treatments in the front of the house have brushed nickel rods. Also, if I want to switch out my cabinet hardware in a few years to something with a silver tone, a lone black curtain rod will look awkward.

I'm attaching a picture. Sorry it's so busy. I'm just playing around with the decor, and it helps when i can visually see things. But it does include some light options that i'm trying to decide between.

cabinets are white, island is gray, walls will be painted white, counter tops are white with black and gray flecks in it.

Comments (4)