SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

New sofa advice-What to do?

Oakley
3 years ago

DH and I are having a stand-off on purchasing a new sofa. We both agree we need one asap, and I'm ready to order the thing online instead of waiting for Covid to be over. He wants to sit on the sofa and also lay on it before we buy one. I'm already embarrassed. Do people actually do that in furniture stores? :)

A couple of problems. DH has a bad back and can only get comfortable on the sofa so he chooses to sleep there more often than not at night, and he loves to lay there and watch football on weekends. Our sofa is not a sleeper sofa either.

Add to that two 100 lb. dogs. If neither of us are sitting on the sofa the two dogs are sprawled out. If DH is sleeping, one of the dogs is at the opposite end.

Dog beds didn't work, plus the cats stole them.

The seat cushions are almost smashed and they sink into the sofa a bit, and they're not the kind that comes off.

Is there a sofa known to man where the cushions will last, not sink into the sofa, and also be comfy to someone like DH?

I was thinking, our last sofa was a sleeper and the cushions never sank into the sofa because of the hard mattress under them.

Would buying a sleeper sofa solve our problem? Our old sleeper was very comfy without pulling out the bed.

Any suggestions? I cannot finish my LR re-do until we get a sofa, which is why I want to buy one online. And where online I have no idea. All of them look the same.

Comments (38)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm