SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhodeeho

Viking fridge damage during delivery - what to do?

rhonda hoffman
3 years ago

We just finished a kitchen remodel including new Viking appliances. When the fridge was delivered we noted damage to the top of the carton and ultimately a plastic part at the top of the fridge. Retailer told us they filed a repair order with Viking. Long story short, at install, it was noted the fridge seemed to be "out of square" and appears it could have been dropped at some point before it made it to us. It's now been installed and the freezer does not seal and can't be used. We immediately told the retailer who contacted Viking. A repair service came out and assessed. They also agreed it appears the fridge was dropped at some point. This was over a month ago, and during that time Viking has passed the blame to the retailer and the installer. I really don't care who is at fault, I paid for a brand new fridge and that's what we want. Viking has finally agreed to replace the fridge but it is 6-8 weeks before a new one will be manufactured. In the mean time, the retailer has asked us to pay for the damaged fridge to be uninstalled and returned to them ASAP. Our response was we'll return the damaged fridge when the new one is delivered and not before. What else am I missing here?

Comments (5)