SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_s_1111

Master bedroom/bathroom layout

Jamie S
3 years ago

Hello, we are doing an addition on our home with a new master bedroom and bathroom. Please excuse the amateur edited floor plan - we changed a lot from our original architectural drawing and I didn't have an updated plan, so I edited it myself. With the changes we made to the bathroom, we no longer have any storage in there which I am worried about. The original plan had a closet in the bathroom but the space felt too tight so we nixed it.

What do you all think about the plan and how best to get storage in it for things like towels and medicine? The vanity we needed to use doesn't have a ton of storage either. My concern is for resale value - having a bathroom that feels too small or tight compared to the scale of the rest of the room worries me. The walls are only framed in so most can still be moved around.

2 notes: We have a skylight framed in to the middle of the main bathroom space, and we are planning a half wall next to the toilet. And the style we are shooting for is modern farmhouse :). Thank you!

Comments (8)