SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_65138684679

Couch was darker than I expected. Need advice.

J T
3 years ago

Two months ago, I went to a furniture store looking to get a light gray couch. I found two couches that were very similar: one was in the gray color I wanted, the other had a gray color available. I believe I asked the salesperson if they were the same color gray and she said yes.

This week, the couch finally arrived and it was a lot darker than I expected. It turns out the color of the couch I ordered was listed as “charcoal” on the store’s website. When I went back to the store to see the other couch's color, I saw it was listed on the website as “graystone”. But both couches just said “gray” on the info sheet in the store and on the sales receipt.

So now I’m looking for advice on what to do about the couch. I can’t return it because all sales are final according to the sales receipt, but I don’t want to keep the couch if it’s not in the color I wanted (which is a shame, because it’s a lovely couch otherwise). Plus, I don’t know if the fault is with me for not double-checking the color, or with the store for not being specific about the exact color of both couches.

Here's the "graystone" couch:

Here's the "charcoal" couch that I got:

Comments (14)