SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_742677606

1970s ranch update -

james lemay
3 years ago

Just got my neighbors house. I will be moving into this. I am making this thread to show progress and maybe get some suggestions.

So far I am focusing on the kitchen and living room area. I will also fix up the bathroom.

I removed two layers of paneling and the damaged drywall underneath it. I will be adding outlets and replacing the insulation while it is open. I am also removing wall paper and scraping the popcorn ceilings... I deleted the soffit above the cabinets too. That is a bad habit of mine but it was wall papered masonite anyways.

I will be replacing the kitchen lighting and adding recessed lighting throughout.

I am having a really hard time deciding on what to do with the kitchen. It's such a shame to tear out cabinets that are in such good condition. I am not sure the paint and hardware treatment would get them to where they need to be though.. I would also like to keep the jenn-air..

Also having a hard time deciding how I

want to achieve one plane of flooring. Someone has previously covered what I assume to be asbestos with structurwood osb.

Comments (158)