I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Th 11/26

Annie Deighnaugh

We'll pause the alphabet for Thanksgiving Day.

What are you thankful for?

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

SaveComment18Like
Comments (18)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

I'm thankful for where we live...our place, our town, our state, our country, our planet, our solar system, our galaxy, our universe....the trees that give us breath, the water that gives us life.

18 Likes Save    
Elizabeth

I am thankful for each new day I am given and always, my family and friends.

17 Likes Save    
maire_cate

Thankful .......

17 Likes Save    
hallngarden

I am thankful for all my family and I include my kitchen table family. Hubs and I have been richly blessed for the past 82 years, Will celebrate 61 years married this year. Early years were spent working the farm, realizing the value of education, would not change one day of my life. Well, the 13 months hubs served in Korea and I could not go. He was very proud to serve his country. So thankful when we wake up each morning to see the beauty of this earth. Looking across the ocean to see sunrise and night watching sunsets. We have many many blessings. As we have gotten older, the small things in life become huge blessings. At our age , it’s not all fun and games each day, but we take the best of each day. Age has a way to creep up on you. Some days I still see that young happy bride in her early twenties when I look in the mirror. May you find blessings in each day of your life.

17 Likes Save    
arcy_gw

Thanksgiving Proclamation

[New York, 3 October 1789]

By the President of the United States of America. a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor—and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me “to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness.”

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be—That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks—for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation—for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war—for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed—for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted—for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

and also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions—to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually—to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed—to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord—To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease of science among them and us—and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New-York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

4 Likes Save    
Michele

I am very thankful.

All my loved ones, friends and family, even though some got sick, are all still with us.

My newest little loved one, first grandson born in July. My feet don’t touch the ground when I see him. My husband feels the same. We’re giddy.

I’m so thankful for this beautiful world we live in.

I’m thankful for all the good we humans are capable of. Cures and vaccines. I’m so thankful there are those of us with that kind of intelligence.

The health care workers, so brave and selfless. I’m so thankful for them.

So much....

To everyone, a peaceful, safe Thanksgiving, even if it’s different. Going to meditate and do my yoga, now that I’ve had my coffee.....then heading to kitchen to cook for my immediate bubble ;)

10 Likes Save    
eld6161

One more day.

15 Likes Save    
marilyn_c

I am thankful for these "guys". Sadly, Val, the blaze faced sorrell and Amos, the donkey, have passed on, and the pic doesn't show Emery or Snoop, Rita and Shadow, or Trampas, Frosty and Mama, the donkeys that I have now. Or Primo, who recently passed also, but the pic is a representation of my "herd". They keep me busy taking care of them, and when times are hard for me, like right now with my husband's health issues, they keep me centered, because no matter what I have to focus on their care, and it is a glimpse of my life in a more normal time.

21 Likes Save    
Lars

I'm thankful we always have plenty of food.

16 Likes Save    
nicole___

Thankful I found them before it was too late. It almost was.....

17 Likes Save    
lgmd_gaz

I am thankful for family and friends. This wonderful, inspiring friend left life 2 days ago. She was ready. I am thankful she is free of the suffering she endured with so much courage the past few months. So sad to loose her, but I know she is in a better place and spreading her good cheer around.

Here she is with her fabulous tree decorated with all the decorations she made herself over many years.

A closer look at some of them

15 Likes Save    
whistle_b

Marilyn_c, what a joy it is to see your herd!

3 Likes Save    
hallngarden

Igmd, sorry about your friend. I can see looking at her beautiful face, she also had a beautiful soul. We are fortunate to have great friends.

4 Likes Save    
donna_loomis

Family around the table. This was Thanksgiving 2016.

14 Likes Save    
marilyn_c

Donna, when I first glanced at your pic, I thought the guy in the white shirt was holding a big dog on his lap. I thought....how odd, holding a dog at the dinner table.

Then I see it is actually the hair of the guy in the striped shirt at the end of the table. Viewing on my phone....so pic is small.

You have a very nice family....no offense meant.

Save    
glenda_al

Grandson, last year. Full!

11 Likes Save    
dedtired

I am thankful that my sons and my nieces and grand nieces/ nephews are happy and healthy.

I'm thankful that I am financially safe. I hope that doesn’t sound crass but having more than enough is hugely reassuring.

I’m grateful that I could take out the trash. I know that’s weird but every time I do it I walk back up the driveway thinking , well, I can still do that! Maybe I am grateful for being of sound mind and body!

6 Likes Save    
bengardening

lars can you tell me what that is a picture of

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides 10 Look-at-Me Ways to Show Off Your Collectibles
Give your prized objects center stage with a dramatic whole-wall display or a creative shelf arrangement
Full Story
Mother’s Day Show Us Your Mom’s Influence on Your Home
Maybe it’s a great chess set or a style philosophy. With Mother’s Day nearing, where do you see your mom in your space?
Full Story
Curb Appeal Houzz Call: Show Us Your Mailbox!
Celebrate the U.S. Postal Service’s 240th birthday by uploading photos of your fabulous mailbox
Full Story