SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liam_kilpert

Monstera deliciosa oldest leaf turning lime green/yellowish

Liam Kilpert
3 years ago

So here is the timeline for this plant I received it about a month ago maybe a little over a month ago. I notice that the soil didnt look for free draining infact it looked like potting soil maybe with a little perlite added. Anyways i dont know when the previous owner watered it last but it take basically a week and a half to dry out enough for me to water it. I waited until the first couple inches were dry and then I checked with a moisture meter to make surr it was in the red dry area so I decided to water it about 2 and a bit weeks later the soil dried out once again enough to water so I did. However after 3 days of the second watering the soil was really wet and I was concerned so I decided to repot into an even more free draining soil. Picture below. I used a mix of pine bark, perlite, potting soil, and a bit of peat moss. I combed out a bunch of the old soil out because it did seem very compact and then pktted it in its same pot. As I was repotting I did not notice any roots rotting or notice any black/dark parts (mind you I wasnt necesarily looking for it) anyways fully repotted it and gave it another water just so it wasnt in bone dry soil. Now its been 4 days after the repot and the oldest leaf on the plant looks to be yellowing. So i need help determining if this is root rot or if it is a nutrient deficency. This plant is about 4 to 5 feet away from a northwest I believe facing window however canada has been gloomy the last few days. Pictures will be posted below.
I also noticed dark spots on the leaves however I noticed that in previous pictures these spots were already there so i am not sure if they were already on the plant when I got it.
Any feedback is appreciated!

Comments (3)