OT......question about England
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (42)
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
OT Question about my Iochroma
Comments (10)Kartuz seems to be a good source of Iochromas. I got 3 from them, although the white one was a mistake on their part when I'd ordered I. fuschiodes (red). They corrected it & I eventually got rid of the white one, which I didn't like. Later, I ordered a 'Plum Beauty' and like it a lot. This last year, both my Iochromas really took off and grew tall - one at least 7'. I would caution everyone to keep an eye out for mites...I found mites on all of mine within a couple of weeks after receiving them. The Iochromas ARE very unlike brugs in size & are generally not fragrant. Also, they don't root as readily as brugs. But I really like the clusters of blooms they put out & their overall appearance....See MoreOT: Question about Amaryllis
Comments (12)Dave and Karyn thank you! I knew I would get the right answer here. Dave that is a gorgeous Amaryllis! I hope it is ok to ask another question. I wanted to do it when Brenda send me 2 baby amaryllis bulbs and I wondered HOW and when they get that. See, I never had a Amaryllis longer then one Season. That is how bad I was as a gardener way back when. When is it ok to take the babies off? When do they have babies`? I do not even want to ask HOW they get them rofl. Dave when do you know that they are dry to be stored? In what do you store them? Peat moss or???? ha ha ha would you like to laugh with me? I tried to pollinate them hahahaha Now I read that you should waste the energy on that. Well I can not thank you enough for all the answers I got in such a short time...HUGS!! So mom is not bad with her long term memory yet...that really makes my day. While I was there it was easier to detect on how she is doing. But over the phone not really. It is going slow. Thank God. Lucy...See MoreOT: question about Pinterest
Comments (7)I wonder if it as hard to close a Twitter acct as it is to ditch FB. Some controversary going around about Pinterest. Some people don't credit back to the owner of the picture, and have used them for commercial purposes besides. We are being advised to watermark all our pics, but I guess there is a way to remove the watermark too. One blogger I know was contacted by the owner of the pic and asked to remove them. There was no link back on the pic when she found it. Photo bucket accounts can be locked too. I don't like having to have a FB or Twitter account to join Pinterest, and if enough people protest, they will change. Way too much info out there!...See MoreOT? Question about freezer storage and organization
Comments (7)Great ideas! Here is what works for me and what I have taught others. One idea that cannot be overstressed is to wrap extremely well any food item you want to store for many months...double wrapping is only effective if the correct materials and techniques are used. A magnetic strip holds "the inventory" list for each shelf's contents on the door of our upright freezer. When I add an unlisted item, I add to the inventory, and delete when all of an item is gone. My DH is "finding-challenged," LOL, so this saves time. He knows that baked goods are likely to be in 5# flour bags. Cinn rolls are almost always in coffee bean bags, etc. Each item is labeled. Like grainlady, I group similar items together in small baskets or bags. Usually, the ready to eat foods are on the top shelf, since this is the warmest area and the bottom shelf is the coldest. The chest freezer, downstairs, also has an inventory list. In the fall-winter, I remove the baskets, so I can cram in all the chickens, squash, onions, etc. In the bottom half, I store all the cartons of food (extremely well wrapped), in windbreaker fabric bags. The upper half has bagged food also. Liter and half gallon containers of distilled water fill any empty spaces. A long sheet of bubble wrap covers the contents. The inventory list is posted on the nearby bulletin board and is absolutely necessary to my sanity. Sometimes, I note on my list just how many containers of an item I have left, especially if I have combined several items in one bag. For example, I'll note 2 half gallons of raspberries and 1 half gallon of peaches with 3 half gallons of blueberries...in one bag. (These half gallon containers have 1-2 cup portions of fruits.) This helps when I am making jam in Feb. If any fruit or veg is left from the previous year, when the next crop is freezer ready, the "older" crop is moved to the upright freezer for use....See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Handmade Coziness in a Potter’s New England Home and Studio
Thoughtful details, a wealth of color and inviting farmhouse style rule in this family’s renovated house
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGCan’t Figure Out What ‘Sparks Joy’? Try This Question Instead
If you can’t decide whether to keep something or let it go, shift your perspective to find the answer
Full Story
LIGHTING5 Questions to Ask for the Best Room Lighting
Get your overhead, task and accent lighting right for decorative beauty, less eyestrain and a focus exactly where you want
Full Story
HOUZZ TV FAVORITESHouzz TV: A New England Farmhouse Explodes With Color
Creativity and color burst from every corner in this unique 18th-century Massachusetts home for an artist and her family
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN9 Questions to Ask When Planning a Kitchen Pantry
Avoid blunders and get the storage space and layout you need by asking these questions before you begin
Full Story
MATERIALSInsulation Basics: What to Know About Spray Foam
Learn what exactly spray foam is, the pros and cons of using it and why you shouldn’t mess around with installation
Full Story
FARMHOUSESKitchen of the Week: Renovation Honors New England Farmhouse’s History
Homeowners and their designer embrace a historic kitchen’s quirks while creating a beautiful and functional cooking space
Full Story
PAINTINGWhat to Know About Milk Paint and Chalk Paint — and How to Use Them
Learn the pros, cons, cost and more for these two easy-to-use paints that are great for giving furniture a vintage look
Full Story
WORKING WITH PROS10 Things Decorators Want You to Know About What They Do
They do more than pick pretty colors. Here's what decorators can do for you — and how you can help them
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHouzz Call: Tell Us About Your First Kitchen
Great or godforsaken? Ragtag or refined? We want to hear about your younger self’s cooking space
Full Story
vee_new