SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ps6fsu_de_z7

Tree Suggestions

Paul_DE-7a
3 years ago

For background, we are putting an inground pool in and need some landscape help in a couple spots. I plan on putting a row of about 15 emerald green arborvitaes along the back to hide the fence pictured. I would like to put some kind of tree in the corner (in front of the telephone pole) with some plantings below. I was thinking of a Dakota Pinnacle Birch or a Goldspire Ginko. My wife would prefer something that flowers in the spring but I dont know many flowering trees with an upright growth habit.. The wider the canopy the further it needs to be away from the pole and encroaching on pool area. We also inherited some large trees (leyland cypress i think) that border our property. Over the last couple of years 2 have fallen and I am left with a 40' gap to fill. I am struggling to figure out what would be best to use. I do have power lines above so I think I should probably stay under 20 ft unless I did an arborvitae or something columnar where the point will avoid the power lines. I also have the pool equipment to compete with about 8 ft away (where the gravel is). Any suggestions?

Comments (11)