SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bardia_ghajari

Not too much love here for Windsor windows?

B G
3 years ago

Hello, been googling and reading a lot of comments here.

What I gathered, I see a consistent theme, that for wood windows Marvin gets high remarks. Okna sunrise softlite and others also get high remarks for vinyl.

But I just came from Windsor dealer, and I'm pretty impressed. they seem to be the only company that sells a vinyl window that truly looks like a wood window. And their wood+AL clad windows actually look more like marvin's full line, a more truer wood window than either the elevate or ultimate series. I don't know if my marvin dealer just had very old display models.

in terms of weather striping, Windsor seems to have double weather stripping. their patio slider closes into a pocket with dual weather stripping. The elevate does go into a pocket, but it is not as deep, but only has one piece of weather stripping and is not as clean looking. the thing that got me was the concealed jamb liner and super spacer.

In terms of vinyl, it looks like a wood window inside and out. and is equally as weather stripped. I keep reading Okna Okna Okna here, but on the outside looks like any other vinyl window.

Windsor website looks like crap, so its hard to gauge. Any reason why there isn't as much love for them here? Is there something I am missing? Any negative review I saw on the internet seemed to have a response. Don't get me wrong, my late father loved marvin, so I am biased towards them. but putting them side by side, the edge does go to Windsor.

Also in my case, Since my dealer for marvin is a one step, the elevate series is actually cheaper.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments (12)