SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelspa

Thoughts on floor plan please!

michelspa
3 years ago

I’m tossing my hat in the ring for a floor plan review. I’ve followed this board for several years and it has helped me immensely with my own house remodeling projects. You all are so gracious to give such knowledgeable and helpful advice. This floor plan is actually for my daughter and son-in-law. They are in just the preliminary thinking stages of building and I just thought I’d try to put on paper their initial thoughts on a floor plan. They have 3 kids ages 9, 3 and 1. Purchased lot is is in a small rural subdivision, at the end of a cul de sac. Pie shaped sloped lot with expansive views west, north and east. Planning walk out 2 story with angled garage due to narrow footage at front of lot. House in WI, front of house facing south, back of house with views facing north ( and will also capture views from east and west).

Must haves for kitchen are windows flanking the range hood and no sink on island. I struggled with the layout, am concerned about island not being centered with range, but maybe that is not such a big deal.

Again, these are just very preliminary, but I would appreciate your advice very much to see if they are headed in the right direction. Thanks! And sorry for my rudimentary drawings!

Comments (7)