SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_888089115

What upper cabinet stain matches with a rich blue lowers and island?

T T
3 years ago

Hi all!

My wife and I are in the process of selecting the colours of our kitchen. We know we want to go with blue lower cabinets and island, but we are stuck on what stain to chose for the upper cabinets.

We are planning on using Birch wooden cabinets with a stain (this is because it is cheaper to have a wooden stain as opposed to painting it white). We are not sure what stain colour to go with.

Here are our options (we have the blue cabinet next to the counter top - the floor colour is a bit darker than the one at the bottom).

Grey mountain (on the right side) or Elkhorn (on the bottom):

Here is the Toscano option on a sample of the hardwood. Please note, the photo is way too bright here, I tried to darken it a bit. But the blue is the same blue as in the photo above. And the Elkhorn is the same as in the photo above:

This is the 3D plan of my kitchen:

These are examples of colours in kitchens we like (but in our case the bases will be blue as well):

I like the Toscano, but I am scared of resulting in something like this which I do not like, here the cabinet is has too much orange/too warm:

Please help! :) Any input would be much appreciated. I know it is difficult with the colours in the photos being off.

Thank you!

T

Comments (9)