SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samirosenjacken10

How to choose kitchen cabinet door styles

Lisa
3 years ago

We are building a new home and there really isn't a kitchen designer. The layout of the kitchen cannot be altered but I can choose the functionality of the drawers/cabinets etc.. My question is really about door and drawer styles. Do you pick the same door style on wall and base cabinets? Do you pick something different from the drawers or do you everything the same style? I really don't want to do something that's on trend today that will date my kitchen in a few years. I also don't want it to look too busy however, I am open to new ideas and options. It's a very open floor plan and not a huge kitchen space (ample for the 2 of us) and I intend to make good use of the drawers/cabinets. I am attaching a picture of a similar kitchen layout.. this is not my house!! My house isn't built yet but the layout is similar. We have chosen to delete the oven and just have a cooktop and we are putting in double wall ovens. I have attached the floorplans as well just so you can see the design. I cannot change the floorplan. I like the floorplan. I'm happy with the floorplan. I do have an interior designer helping me with some of my choices so yes, I can ask her however I was curious about what people tend to do with a kitchen remodel today. It's been 12 years since I did one. Things have changed!

Comments (48)