SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyshanti

living room, giant stone fp, doors, tv, wall?? help!!!

mommyshanti
3 years ago

this is the only lr/family room in the home and while it's large the fireplace and doors block a lot of normal placement i would do. the tv is on the opposite wall from sofa at 12.5 ft away! but i cant move it closer or the sofa will be blocking the fireplace. then there are double doors on each side of fp so have to leave room for walkway. we ordered a new sofa, brown leather but been waiting 3m for that(covid). want a fabric sofa(bench, dont like matchy matchy) as soon as i can see big leather one in

space.

Questions- long back wall- would you put a window there? two windows with bookshelves or something? i dont want a long art wall. TV wall(tv over fp not an option! not my style and way too high)- 1. would you put tv on long wall? even though you see that wall as you walk in front door? or keeping tv on shorter wall what would you do? Any ideas/ thoughts, pictures appreciated. family of 8 and place for tv, books, games, and plenty of seating a must in the room.

this is old pic when we bought it. has hardwood floors throughout home now as you can see in tv pic.

TIA

pics- sorry funky pics i have saved already.

carpet is from other owners but everything is basically the same except now we have wood throughout the home and trim/doors are white now. you can see in pics how the sofa cant be moved closer to tv wall on either side or it will be blocking fp.

Comments (9)