SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawaps_gw

Help me pick dining chairs for my nook

cawaps
3 years ago

So my kitchen is thisclose to being done. The range won't be here until January because of supply chain issues (sigh) and the crown is changing (what they sent is not what I ordered). I am looking for input on chairs for the eating area. I am all over the place on chairs, from Queen Anne to Danish Modern. The two shown here are super cheap Ikea chairs that I got from Ikea 10 years ago for $19 each. I would appreciate opinions on what direction to go.

The house was built in 1910 in a classical revival style--columns, acanthus wreath applique, egg-and-dart trim. I kept (well, replaced) the v-groove panel and chair rail in the kitchen, but didn't go whole-hog neoclassical. My furnishings elsewhere in the house are mostly a contemporary hodge-podge of Pottery Barn, West Elm, CB2, Ikea, and World Market.

I just was putting the kitchen back together today, and the items on the counter are a work in progress, and I haven't evens started putting back the laundry room you can see through the doorway. I'm not the kind of person who wants to put away everything out of sight and I liked having my most-used items conveniently at hand. But what's there is pretty chaotic right now. There will be artwork on the walls.

Comments (9)