SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
genie1007

Dream Home...Not so Dream Kitchen

genie1007
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi All! So I put in an offer on a home and it was accepted! Currently scheduled to close at the end of November. Now while this house has much going for it it also needs a lot of reno. The kitchen has me a little depressed, I always wanted something big and beautiful, white and shiny with an island. That's not going to happen. I can't make it longer and making it wider would cost way too much. So I'm trying to make the best of it. I've used RTA's Kitchen design tool to come up with something but I'm hoping what great ideas you all come up with. The kitchen is 175" by 96". It has an opening on one side leading to the living room and the other side to the basement. Can not remove that wall due to stairs. I also think it's best to remove one of the windows just to give me some more space. Otherwise it would be blocked by the refrigerator.

What I'd like:

White wood cabinets but not too white. Not sure if I like shaker style maybe more traditional.

Flooring: At first I was thinking of just continuing wood flooring from rest of house but what do you think of wood look tile.

Backsplash: I like like the pearl look with maybe a mosaic near the stove. My partner prefers something not too loud but I do like color. Subway tiles or Herringbone? Glass tiles? I'm looking for modern but classic. Something that will age well if that makes any sense.

Lighting: I have no clue so I just put in can for now.

Also I went with a 36" stove but do you think for such a small space I should go with a regular stove and gain for cabinets. I like cooking and some pots are larger so I thought it would be easier. I was also thinking of adding a pot filler. Are they even worth it. I've put before pictures and some of my ideas. Let's see what your magical minds come up with.

Comments (34)