SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cchan86

How to successfully propagate plant clippings? HELP PLEASE!!!

cchan86
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Can anyone help me with propagating clippings from a meyer lemon tree and other clippings? I am a newbie at all of this!

On the right is from a gardenia plant, the middle is a meyer lemon, and I have no idea what the one of the left is. I am just trying to grow that too.

I have humidity domes on them and a grow lamp as well. I just took the domes off to take the photos. If you zoom in the photo, some of the leaves are turning yellow and are falling off and some have bright yellow main veins. I bought ”Open Sesame“ for a nutrient supplement but haven’t used it yet bc I don’t want to kill them in case it is too early to use it.

I planted these about 2 weeks ago. I just don’t know how long to keep the domes on them for. The hardware store I bought the planters from told me to buy an led grow lamp and have that on during the day to help them grow. I have that on for about 8-12 hours a day, they are in a south facing window, and mist them every morning with distilled water.

I just need all the advice I can get on how to successfully propagate plants. I am nervous about root rot and fungus.

Thank you.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting