SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
batgurllah

backyard dilemma...pls help!

Batgurl
3 years ago

Need your help guys..What would you guys recommend as a good plan for the porch and pool placement, and other more creative ideas that are outside of what we are thinking? We have a window in front of the kitchen sink (so I can check kids while I do dishes), & a window seat (colored purple in first picture) in the family room overlooking hopefully the pool. Our layout from the designer has not accounted for the placement of the pool yet. I don’t think I would want the overhang for the porch to be all the way out to where the concrete floor would end as in the diagrams as I would like some sunlight to come through the kitchen window and window seat into the house. We thought about pergola to cover the pool but not sure if we want the maintenance that comes with the pergola esp if it’s hanging over a 10’x16’ pool..Living in the south we have prioritized shading over the pool but not sure if having it fully covered is the way to go either. Putting the pool outside of the porch area might mean having the pool right by the backfence (which I am not sure I want either)...so many factors to consider, but hoping you guys can help us out. Thanks in advance

Comment