SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_25246208

Grateful for this today...

User
3 years ago

I needed to contact a friend this morning, so as is customary, I sent her an email. Nothing unusual in that, except it occurred to me afterwards that not that many years ago, before household internet access, that would have been impossible.

That being the case, I suppose I would have rung her, except I would have had to wait, because there’s no way she would have appreciated a call at 4:30 in the morning.

That led me to thinking about convenience, and the fact that growing up, even a phone call would have meant quite a long walk down to the village phone box.

And what about my Grandmothers generation? No phone boxes for her. I suppose she would have had to write a letter.

So if I were her, that would be my only option, except I’m not able to write at the moment due to my hand still recovering from a broken wrist.

That’s when I fully appreciated how lucky I was to be able to contact my friend so effortlessly, and completely at my own convenience.

So my question is, what are you grateful for having now when you compare it with your earlier life, or that of older relatives?

Comments (32)