SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_989851205

Plumbing appearance/regulation question regarding sink drain and a/c

54ndy b34ch
3 years ago

Hi, I am hoping someone with plumbing experience can help me!

My contractor installed the drain to my bathroom sink (see picture) in what looks to me the most random way (chrome, plastic, black, clear...). We have a floating vanity due to size constraints of a regular vanity, and he knew that all the piping would be visible. I knew we would see it, so I asked that it look consistent. (HMMM....). The small pipe coming out of the wall is from a mini-split unit, and is meant to connect to the drain in the bathroom. That pipe is 3/4" and the white pipe's connector is 1/2". It seems to me there must be alternatives since this looks ridiculous. The drain pipe at the top (silver) is the one that comes with the sink. Any suggestions what I should tell him? My husband is planning to go to home depot with the picture to look for other options.

In addition, the black pipe from the wall, we asked him, can we fit the other shelf in (see brackets) and where it should go. We were not planning to cut the wood of the other shelf, but due to how he did the pipe, it now appears we have to. We wondered about breaking the wall to move that pipe, since he clearly did not leave clearance for the bottom shelf. Thoughts? I imagine there are regulations for where these pipes go (we're in Southern Cal), so maybe it can't be moved?

Any ideas appreciated.

Comments (30)