SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
8675bab

living room decorating headache

8675bab
3 years ago

Hi, looking for some advice for my living room that has a large vaulted ceiling and is room right off my front door to the let. I have a large mirror on the main wall that I really don’t want to move due to size and the massive amount of work it took to hang 6 years ago. Originally the sofa was under the mirror, and chairs were in from of the large window. I also had a plush cream carpet with light grey strips on the floor. The room is hard because it’s connected to our dinning room so I really only have one main wall, and the space in-front of the window to work with. I just moved the rug out and the couch in front of the window because before it didn’t feel like a comfortable space for sitting with family,or guests. I’m looking for suggestions what to put on the floor rug wise and how to decorate around the large mirror. Do I add a bench under the mirror, or a table that’s not very deep? Should I’m also thinking about removing the curtains, adding a faux beam to the vault ceiling with a large light fixture. Do I move the sofa back under the mirror and chairs back I front of the window? Looking for advise to make the room comfortable and inviting. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!!

Comments (11)