SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura1116

Front Design Advice: Replacing Columns on 1961 Bessemer Gray Brick

laura1116
3 years ago

Our front porch columns need repair. In addition, I have always thought it strange that they do not align with our windows, so our carpenter is going to adjust the number of columns for us, but then he asked about using cedar columns and showed us pictures of others he had done. Cedar columns are very popular on homes right now and look great, but I have not seen them on a brick home like ours. Our shutters need repair or replacing too and I wondered if they should match if we go with cedar. We love our Bessemer Gray (with a little pink/red brick mixed in) brick, which can not be found easily, but I need design advise about this decision. Our home is traditional and has gray trim and gray shutters, but we would like to clean it up and brighten it up some, without painting our beautiful brick. We are considering a brighter paint, rather than this mauve gray. Please share ideas and images! I do better imagining interiors. I'd like to know why you think what you do about it too. (Also the front porch was filled in with bluestone since that close up picture was taken.)

Comment (1)