SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlw73

Lacanche ovens - gas or electric?

Mike
3 years ago

Hi all, I know that Lacanche ranges come up all the time on the discussion threads, but I'm stuck on an appliance dilemma and would love any insights from you all.

We are prepping a major renovation project, and we are seriously considering a few 39” Lacanche ranges, especially the Cluny and Vougeot/Volnay. On the one hand, I like the idea of having two side-by-side ovens (one gas and one electric) but I also really want a warming cabinet. As we are leaning towards the Volnay/Vougeot, we are stuck on whether to go gas or electric convection for the large oven.

As a reference, we will have a separate spice kitchen that we’re outfitting with a gas cooktop and electric convection wall oven, so we will already have one electric oven. Our current set-up includes an electric convection oven, which I absolutely love, so my thinking is just to put an electric oven on the Lacanche, but would I be missing out on anything from having a gas oven? And is there anything particularly special about the Lacanche gas oven? As for those of you who have both gas/electric Lacanche ovens, do you find yourself preferring one over the other or using them for different purposes? Thanks!

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!