SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlie_reinhardt

Grass on neighboring yards with fence

Kim Reinhardt
3 years ago

My neighbor's yard crew does not use a string trimmer along the fence line. They cut the grass with a ride mower up to the fence and leave it at that. Because of this the grass on there side started to get very tall in a way. When I would put my foot through the slat of the fence it would sink, over time this "tall grass" has come on to my side of the fence as well and when its being mowed its hard to get through it. Does this make sense? When I was just walking the fence line too in some areas its very squishy wet deep when i walk, as you can really sink into it. This is also a swale area for our property and it runs down the back of our homes to a retention area, so I am assuming the ground is wearing away and the grass is kind of covering up this issue. What can I do to try and repair the grass on my side of the fence? Scalp it close to the fence line? But some grass killer on my side of the fence? Not sure what to do here. We are currently doing our own grass for 2 weeks now as we got rid of our landscaper since they were not doing an overall good job with maintaining the property.Thank you!

s growing so high on the other side that you can't even see the bottom of the fence anymore in some places as the grass is overtaking it.

Comments (3)