what do you see outside your living room window?

sal 60 Hanzlik

I see lots of trees--our neighbors house down the road--very beautiful setting.

SaveComment46Like
Comments (46)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Elizabeth

Snow. About 2" covering everything.

1 Like Save    
nicole___

Ponderosa pine trees with hoar frost. Tiny little snow flakes coming down. 11Fdegrees. No snow sticking to the ground....yet.

Save    
sal 60 Hanzlik

that was my dining room--living room large lawn with 3 ash trees and all the rest are pine trees--no houses behind us. We have a little snow too.

1 Like Save    
marilyn_c

My barn and a row of huge pine trees.

1 Like Save    
aok27502

Two houses across the street. At the moment, rain.

1 Like Save    
Mystical Manns

Water. Lots of water. And a silly fisherman (silly because it's in the 30s, the wind is blowing, and I don't have an appreciation for fishing)

2 Likes Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

A harvested soy bean field and a dozen or so wild turkeys feeding in it. There were some deer out there earlier but they moved on.

1 Like Save    
lindaohnowga

Lots of trees, quite a few leaves down, squirrels running around and climbing the trees, chasing one another and some birds.

2 Likes Save    
Marilyn_Sue

Trees, a creek, more trees.

Sue in Central Indiana

1 Like Save    
lgmd_gaz

The road, (busy State route) and across the road, the neighbors front yard that is well kept and always decorated to suit the season, and in their side yard, a pontoon boat, a large camping trailer, a pick up truck, a car, a small shed, a small chicken coop, and usually 3 or 4 chickens milling around.

1 Like Save    
KennsWoods

Closest to the window I see container plants, mostly palms but also broms and the blooms of one orchid. Beyond that the trunk of a large live oak, my street, and my neighbor's front yard which is a veritable jungle that hides their house.

1 Like Save    
hallngarden

Ocean and palm trees. Beautiful sunny day. Great walking day.

1 Like Save    
nickel_kg

Living room looks onto the street, so I see charming 1940's and 50's brick homes on 50' lot lines. We've added lots of flower beds, and we have a brick wall that's just right for sitting on. Today it's cold and rainy, but often on nice days we'll see neighbors pausing to view the flowers, let their kids romp a bit.

1 Like Save    
arcy_gw

June

Now

3 Likes Save    
Jeb zone5

Howdy all - cornfield and woods.

This is a link to 'Window Swap" which is live feed of views out the windows of people around the world, it can be entertaining!

https://www.window-swap.com/?fbclid=IwAR2WNRGp0EAxTK4tU63imXcpfmY8k3XipE5VtHKB5iuWPH3xPr9KJOd8CQc

4 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

Neighbors' houses (2)...and beautiful red, gold and yellow tree leaves still

on most of the trees behind their houses. But, the trees will be bare, probably,

in another week. A couple of winters ago, I saw this:

3 Likes Save    
Cherryfizz

This is what I see out of my front window. No camera to take a current picture but this is a pic from last year at this time of the gingko tree next door that shed its leaves before they turned bright yellow, New neighbours moved in a week later and never saw the tree in all its bright yellow glory.

4 Likes Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

This time tomorrow I will see a blanket of snow on the harvested soy bean field. 3-5" of snow forecasted for the KC area tonight and tomorrow. I fear for the trees, many of which still have their leaves, if it is a heavy wet snow.

2 Likes Save    
Lukki Irish

Leaves, color, leaves color, more leaves....this is only 1 tree and less than 1/2 of what will fall. We might get some flurries next week, I hope there’ll be time to get them all up before the weather really hits.

ETA: Winter!

5 Likes Save    
georgysmom2

A rain gauge that reads 1 1/2" for today so far, and golf carts coming in off the course.

I also see a huge pin oak that was just a little sapling when we moved here. We moved in January and in December we had a huge ice storm. The tree was bent over completely in half laden with ice. It was young enough that when the ice melted, it bounced right back and is now a beautiful, proud oak. It brings a smile to my face every time I think about it.

1 Like Save    
Debby

My yard is surrounded with a hedge, so mostly my own yard and the homes across the street with lots of trees in all our yards, which are covered in about 5" of snow........

1 Like Save    
morz8

My living room faces the back not front and has the dining room at one end. It has about 30' of floor to ceiling windows. Standing at the windows, I see the sidewalk that encircles the house making it possible to walk all the way around under a deep overhang without getting wet or having muddy feet. A low shrub bed outside the sidewalk that could use a little fine tuning and right now a layer of mulch. Then lawn followed by mature trees that line the top of the steep hill it drops off to. I can see a little of the river below if I keep things pruned 'just so'. :0) Right now there are 3 flickers working hard at the seed pods in the magnolia. A doe with fawn walked through just as I was getting up earlier. I like the view and its pretty at night with just a little landscape lighting...enough so that I never pull the formal drapes closed not even at night.

1 Like Save    
Lars

Furcraea Macdougalii Agave, plus other plants that need to be trimmed or cut back. In other words, I see a lot of work.

I also see hibiscus and bromeliad flowers.

8 Likes Save    
maifleur03

I can look across the street and see one of the bi-centennial oaks that Chuck tagged when he was looking for old and record sized trees. Nearer is a yew that needs to come out.

2 Likes Save    
kathyg_in_mi

10 Likes Save    
bpath

Gold and green: Green grass spattered with fallen-down oak leaves and fallen-over hosta leaves, middle band of green buckthorn, and topped with yellow and brown-leafed oak canopy, under a grey sky. Very sedate today.

1 Like Save    
lily316

My living room where I have never sat more than five minutes in the 37 years I have lived in this old house faces the street beyond my white picket fence with bushes and trees. (and my political signs now). The great view in this 185-year-old house is from the large greenhouse back window facing the 1/2 acre of many trees, the two koi ponds, the garden house, and the carriage house.

2 Likes Save    
terilyn

Front yard.

5 Likes Save    
terilyn

Facing backyard.

4 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

The four-way stop everybody runs, and some see as a challenge, revving up as they get there.

Just at the top of that hill though, is the most gorgeous view of the lake and the opposing shoreline. Gorgeous!

4 Likes Save    
Marigold

this is my windowswap video on instagram (it was too short for the actual windowswap site, which asks for 10 min of recording) https://www.instagram.com/p/CFn_gMehuLV/
I love that site- there are so many wonderful views

1 Like Save    
desertsteph

my land, a mesquite tree, some cacti and brush, across the road a few houses and then above them in the distance the Superstition mountains.

1 Like Save    
Annegriet

The homes of my neighbors.

1 Like Save    
happy2b…gw

My living room looks out to the deck and then backyard. Right now the grass is green and the trees on the periphery are turning lovely shades of gold and red.

1 Like Save    
eld6161

Across the street are other homes.

1 Like Save    
grapefruit1_ar

Leaves.

6 Likes Save    
Kathsgrdn

Neighbor's house across the street and if I look down, a pile of dying flowers and mud piled up. Have been trying to get my bulbs in, and move the clay soil into the backyard but it's slow going with work and my back not being that great these days...and the rain. Friday managed to dig up all the beds I had planted, put down chicken wire to protect them from squirrels and chipmunks. I'm hoping it's not too cold or wet tomorrow afternoon to finish planting the rest and move the mud into the backyard.

1 Like Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

Right now, snow piling up.

1 Like Save    
adellabedella_usa

I see my flowerbeds and back fence. It's usually very pretty back there. I've been really busy. I need to do some serious pruning and then mulch and plant my winter flowers like pansies. We can pretty much grow some type of flower 12 months a year here. I take advantage of it.

1 Like Save    
Martha Scott

the street and our neighbors acrsos the street

1 Like Save    
katlan

Still a little foggy this morning. The fog is covering the mountain top.

3 Likes Save    
lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan

I see Autumn's beauty. When the leaves fall, I'll see the creek behind my house and also the homes of my neighbors who live across the creek.

5 Likes Save    
ladypat1

Snow. First one.

2 Likes Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

3 Likes Save    
petalique

I see work that I need to finish.

1 Like Save    
stacey_mb

I see neighbors' houses across the street and since this is a very walk-friendly neighborhood, I often see people walking, skateboarding, walking dogs, etc.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Room of the Day Room of the Day: See a 30-Day Makeover of a Manhattan Living Room
This rental unit in a newly renovated Garment District building gets dressed for success in a New York minute
Full Story
Living Rooms See How a Designer Tackles XXL Proportions in a Living Room
This two-story Maryland space is big enough for large crowds but intimate enough for family time
Full Story
Living Rooms Curtains, Please: See Our Contest Winner's Finished Dream Living Room
Check out the gorgeously designed and furnished new space now that the paint is dry and all the pieces are in place
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More