SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilylchen

What style would you call these sofas?

lilylchen
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm looking to redecorate and I keep going back to a style (for a couch at least) that I liked 20 years ago (but didn't go with since I had no money and just bought a mostly used mish-mash of stuff).

Along with other things I've been researching, it got me thinking about trends and the frequency of redecorating. I know MCM is very popular now - and I can totally spot a piece as MCM (thin legs, often round and tapered, clean lines, etc). Someone said Shabby Chic (painted, distressed wood often combined with bling) is totally out now, and I wouldn't disagree. So I can see MCM trending out in half a dozen years (ok, don't flame me. I mean, I'm sure those who decorated in sea foam green felt confident it would be a lifer).

So while I can "see" shabby chic and MCM, I can't really "see" what this style is. And does it the fact that it's leather make a difference - meaning often easier to date (and be dated) by fabric choices vs leather?

I'm including a couple of examples because I wasn't able to find exactly what I'd want (though I don't know if that's "fair" when trying to name a single style). Basically, leather, rolled arms, single seat cushion (two at most), trim and not overstuffed, not tufted, no nail heads. 1 is a the best example if it just had a single cushion. 2 - maybe not so curvy on the back. 3 - if it were single cushion so not so puffy (but the trimness of the arms is OK, though maybe a tad thinner than I'd like and leans a little MCM to me because of that).

Comments (6)