SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmspot

COLD FEET about painting interior walls white!

kmspot
3 years ago

Hi! We have an open concept home with wood cabinets in the kitchen. We’ve been updating the space (switched out earthy granite for white quartz and white subway tile) and put on an addition with some board and batten and ship lap added throughout the home.

All along I thought I’d make out base color in the home white- even picked out Simply White and was all ready to go. Got advice to keep all trim work simply white as well, just in a glossier sheen for contrast.

the trim is up and I love it BUT I’m getting cold feet about going all white in the house. It looks beautiful pics and we have a lot of wood in the home to accent the white. But will it look so sterile and unfinished? Will all our trim work recede too much?

i know gray is the “other” neutral, and classic gray is pretty. I just don’t looooove gray or Greige. I’m always pulled to blues and greens, but those seem too bold for an all over house color.

HELP! Anyone paint interiors white and regret it? Or any success stories with white interior walls?

I’ve attached

some pics for reference with simply white and classic gray swatches.

Comments (20)