SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ailene54

second thoughts,,,,or maybe cold feet?

Ilene Perl
12 years ago

I am about to start constuction on my kitchen update. My cabinets are old oak and are in good shape, GC said, usually when people change kitchens they are in a lot worse shape, the only problem is I hate it. I told the agent who showed us the house that I didn't think I could live with powder blue countertops. Well six years later I'm finally changing them to granite (New Venetial Gold because of advice you gave me). I'm having the cabinets painted antique white and since the doors shout country ordered new doors that are traditional, putting crown molding at the top of them for a more traditional look too. Unfortunatly I didn't realize how much the sofit dated my kitchen until recently. They can not be taken down and overhang my cabinets by 12 inches. I plan on painting them like wall and ceiling and putting in some high hats so they look like they belong? and then just ignoring them if I can?

Unfotunately I'm wondering before I spend more money (signing contract for granite Saturday), if I should stop. My new appliences are being delivered Friday (all SS) I'm also putting in a new floor, and have to buy a new ceiling fan. I know I'm not spending what I would if I replaced the cabinets, but I'm spending a lot of money, do you think I'm making a mistake? I haven't slept for 2 nights, am I just getting cold feet? I don't think I will ever be able to put into this house the kitchen of my dreams, which is why I was doing this. We will probably be in this house another 5-10 years, but I don't know for sure. What I do know is I didn't want to put in cheap cabinets, when I the boxes of what I have are solid oak, this was definately a less expensive way of getting a differnt look. I hope I sleep tonight, I'm exhausted!

ilene

Comments (21)