SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

CT scan for enlarged aorta

Lars
3 years ago

My doctor has given me a referral for a CT scan of my aorta, which he says is slightly enlarged. He said it was 3.8 mm a year ago, but now it is 4.2 mm and should not be more than 4.0 mm. He also said that I might need to have a stint, but that it would be a minimally invasive procedure.

I tried to find out about this, but I could not get any helpful information, but I thought some of you might have some experience with this with people that you know.

What should I expect?

BTW, my grandfather died from an aortic aneurysm, but he was in his 80s and a lot older than I am now.

My doctor told me that if I start to feel any sharp pain in my chest that I should go to the emergency room immediately, as I might be having a stroke or something. At the moment, I feel no pain at all in my chest, except when I try to swallow large pills and they get stuck going down. I do have a fear of having hysterical pains that are imaginary, and I want to be able to tell the difference.

I'll call the hospital next week to schedule an appointment - the referral is good for a year, and so I don't feel an urgency at this point, but I do want to have the scan done in November.

Comments (94)